Gujarat Govt. has demised Waste to Energy Policy 2016 to facilitate and promote utilization of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) for generation of solid waste of electricity at affordable cost in a sustainable manner and to contribute in the implementation of the “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”.
- To facilitate and promote disposal of MSW in environment friendly manner.
- To improve efficiency and effectiveness of collection and disposal of MSW, thereby contributing to Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- To reduce the requirement of lands for disposal of MSW for saving precious public resource for alternative public purpose.
Period of Operation:
The policy will came into effect from the date of its notification and shall remain in operation for period of 5 years i.e. 2016 to 2021.
- Any individual, company, association or group of individuals or Urban Local Bodies/Urban Development Authorities whether incorporated or not, will be eligible for setting up power plants using MSW either for the purpose of captive use or for sale to obliged entities.
- Only new plant and machinery shall be eligible for installation under this policy.
- Urban Local Bodies will provide MSW to plant developer at site without charging any cost.
- Land will be made available to plant developer at token lease rent of Rs. 1 per annum.
- Electricity generated and consumed for self consumption/sale to third party within the State shall be exempted from payment of electricity duty.
- Exemption from demand cut to the extent of 50% of installed capacity of the power projected, will be provided to the developer.
For More Information: Click Here