NewGen IEDC is a programme run by the Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, and funded by the National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. NewGen IEDC’s mission is to instil an entrepreneurial spirit in young Science and Technology students, as well as inspire and support start-ups through coaching, mentorship, and support. The NewGen Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (NewGen IEDC) is being pushed in educational institutions with the goal of developing institutional mechanisms to foster techno-entrepreneurship in order to generate wealth and employment for S&T people. The NewGen IEDCs are located in academic institutions with the necessary competence and infrastructure (science colleges, engineering colleges, universities, management institutes).
Objective of NewGen IEDC-
- To channel young people’s knowledge and enthusiasm into becoming active participants in the economic growth process.
- To accelerate and encourage the growth of knowledge-based and innovation-driven businesses, as well as to provide job possibilities for young, particularly students.
- To foster a culture of entrepreneurship based on innovation.
- To serve as an institutional framework for offering numerous services to aspiring S&T entrepreneurs, including information on all elements of business development.
NewGen IEDC features
- The NewGen IEDC programme is a five-year initiative that will be executed in a school setting.
- Each year, a maximum of 20 new projects would be financed.
- The projects should be student-led and feature a high level of originality as well as commercial viability.
- The projects can be multi-disciplinary and must be completed by teams of students from various levels.
- The project must be very commercially viable to bee considered a possible business by the students.
Criteria for Choosing an Institution to Establish a NewGen IEDC. The parent institution must meet the following requirements:
- For at least 5 years, the institution must be a University/Deemed University or an Institute/College that offers Engineering, Technology, and Science courses at the bachelor’s degree level or higher. A college or institute should be fully recognised and affiliated, whereas private institutions should be supported by a Trust or a Society formed under applicable Acts in addition to being recognised by AICTE/Universities.
- There should be qualified and dedicated academics in many areas with a strong R&D foundation and experience in industry-related activities.
- Two faculty members who have been trained in entrepreneurship through the DST-sponsored Faculty Development Program are available.
- Minimum of 5000 square feet of dedicated space for the NewGen IEDC and the startups it supports, with utilities such as electricity, water, telephone installation, and internet connectivity.
- Workshops, laboratories, and computational resources are available.
- A well-stocked library with books and journals
- Entrepreneurship development and promotion experience, as well as industry-related activities such as consulting, product development, testing, and calibration
Documents of Interest
- NewGen IEDC Establishment Guidelines and Proforma
- Entrepreneurship Development Cells List
- List of Centers for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development
How to apply
Go to link available and fill out the form given on the particular website mention below.
- To get your Registration Number, go to the official Registration page.
- Every step must be completed, and each stage includes the choice to save and proceed. The form can be refilled and checked at any time using the PAN and UAM combination.
- Please see the Check-List and Download section for information on required forms, annexures, and documents.
- All required forms, annexures, and documents should be kept in a folder on your desktop for convenient posting.
For further information visit the government official site.