The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-Kisan Yojana) is a central government-funded scheme and came into effect on 1st December 2018. The direct and tangible objective of the scheme was to provide small and marginal farmers with financial aid for buying seeds& fertilizers and also to increase the income capacity of the farmer. Under the scheme, a registered farmer is given Rs 6,000 per year as income support paid out in 3 monthly instalments ( April-July, August-November, and December-March) of Rs 2000 each.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen
- The beneficiary family income should be based on farming only.
- Small and marginal farmers can apply, provided that the income of the family should be below Rs 10000.
- The applicant must either possess combined landholding or have ownership of up to 2 hectares of land, to avail of the scheme.
- Farmers from both rural and urban areas are can also apply.
- The money is directly transferred to the beneficiaries bank account.
- For greater transparency, the beneficiary lists would be displayed at Panchayats and also through system-generated SMS.
- The duration of the transfer of financial aid will take about 4 months. So, farmers whenever will apply for the scheme will receiveRs 2,000 after every 4 months.
- Interested farmers keen to avail of the scheme can- either apply online through this link
(https://pmkisan.gov.in) or can visit their nearest Common Service Centre/ revenue officials or other designated officers/agencies who have been instructed to help with the registration process, upon payment of some nominal fees.
However, due to its demand, the Government has decided to launch the 9th instalment of the scheme on 9th August of 2021 and the list of beneficiaries of the scheme has also been announced on the same day. In its initial stage around 1 crore, farmers were benefitted from this scheme. However, with the 9thinstallment, the government intends to cover more than 9.75 crore farmer families by allocating an amount of more than Rs. 19,500 crore for the beneficiaries. Hence whoever has missed this golden opportunity can now avail of this by registering themselves under this scheme. Both new & old applicants will be able to receive the amount provided under the scheme directly to their bank account.
In case anyone couldn’t find their name on the beneficiary list can call on the helpline number given below:
Toll-Free Number: 1800-1155-266
PM Kisan Helpline Number: 011-24300606 Or 155261.