Performing Grant Scheme – Ministry of Culture
The upcoming artists and drama groups can take advantage of this scheme in order to realize their dream of becoming an established performing artist. All genres of artists have been included in this scheme.
- Repertory Grant
25 artists +one guru per year will be provided salary grant. The beneficiaries under this scheme will be chosen by an expert committee. Since 2009, the assistance for each guru/artiste have been provided as given below:
- Artiste: INR 6000/month
- Guru: INR 10000/month
- Production Grant:
An organization or individual will be provided sum up to maximum INR 5 lakh for their projects for organizing a play or making a documentary movie. However, the upper limit of grant can be increased depending upon the meeting specific requirements.
Note: Payments will be made only through Electronic mode/RTGS, as per practice in vogue.
- The applicant should contain detailed cost estimates with proper justification so that expert committee could consider recommendation of grant on actual requirement.
- The first priority will be given to rare and traditional forms. New players in the field of production will be also encouraged provided that it has something new to give.
- Originality and uniqueness are what expert committee will be looking for.
- Production grant will be provided in two installments 75% and 25% respectively.
- Only one grant will be provided in one financial year.
- For availing the repertory grant, the group will be expected to have a repertoire of adequate number and quality, and should have given performance at all India level.
- For availing the salary grant, the artists (those who are getting Repertory Grant) must have participated in at least two stage performances. Only then those artists will be recommended for renewal of Salary Grant.
- Physical verification would be mandatory for continuance of grants after 4 years, in the case of Salary Grant.
Documents to be submitted:
- Income Tax assessment order
- Photocopy of the registration certificate & Memorandum of Association
- Last 3 years receipts and amounts and balance sheet with auditor’s certificate.
- Complete details of projects, artists’ identities and assumed costs, etc.
- The application should be recommended by State governments or any other state/central academy
For more information, CLICK HERE.