Skills and Knowledge are driving forces of economic growth and social development for any country. Countries with higher levels and better standards of skills adjust more effectively to the challenges and opportunities in domestic and international job markets. National Skills Development Agency (NSDA) has been working with State governments in India to rejuvenate and synergies skilling efforts in the States. These efforts build on the legacy vocational training infrastructure of Industrial Training Institutes and polytechnics which have now grown in number.
- Make quality vocational training for both youth and employers
- Ensure both vertical and horizontal pathways to skilled workforce.
- Increased employability and better livelihoods for individuals, and on the other hand translates into improved productivity across primary, secondary and tertiary sectors.
- Increase the capacity and quality of training infrastructure and trainers.
- Establish an IT based information system for aggregating demand and supply of skilled workforce.
- Operationalize a well-defined quality assurance framework aligned with global standards to facilitate mobility of labour.
- Leverage modern technology to ensure scale, access and outreach.
- The value of on-the-job training an integral part of all skill development efforts.
- Ensure that the skilling needs of the socially and geographically disadvantaged are appropriately taken care of.
- Promote increased participation of women in the workforce.
- Promote commitment and ownership of all stakeholders.
- Quality assurance framework embedded in NSQF.
- Market relevant training programmes
- Recognition of prior learning
- Curriculum alignment
- National Certification Framework
- Employability skills
For More Info: Click Here
To Download our App: Click Here