Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt of India has a Scheme of Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students. The Fellowship will cater to the requirements of the minority community students pursuing research studies leading to regular and full time M.Phil and Ph.D courses only and equivalent research degree in universities, research institutions and scientific institutions within India.
The objective of the Fellowship is to provide integrated five year fellowships in the form of financial assistance to students from minority communities, as notified by the Central Government to pursue higher studies such as M. Phil and Ph.D.
A candidate has to fulfill the following conditions to be eligible for award of this fellowship:-
- He/she should belong to one of the minority communities notified under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
- He/she should get admission and registration for regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D courses in University/Academic Institution by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution, subject to provisions of the Fellowship as per advertisement of UGC.
- The minority community students once considered eligible for the fellowship shall not be entitled to benefits under any other source, Central or State Government or any other body like UGC for the same study.
- Prior clearance of NET/SLET examination will not be a prerequisite for award of Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students for M.Phil/Ph.D.
- In order to qualify for the award of JRF/ SRF the UGC norms would be applicable at pre-M.Phil and pre-Ph.D stage, respectively, including the minimum score of 50% at post graduate level.
Fellowships in the form of financial assistance to students from minority communities.
How to apply:
UGC will be the nodal agency for implementing the Fellowship. UGC will notify the Fellowship by releasing suitable advertisement in the newspapers, internet, webpage & other media. Students have to submit the application accordingly.
For More Info: Click Here
For Updates Download our App: Click Here