Among the states, farm power availability in Punjab, Haryana, Western Uttar Pradesh and western part of Rajasthan is higher than the national average of 1.73kW/ha. In rest of the country, especially in Eastern and North-East Regions, it is significantly lower which necessities promotion of farm mechanization as a special Mission. SMAM will be implemented in accordance with guidelines described hereunder. The scheme will be implemented in all the states, to promote the usage of farm mechanization and increase the ratio of farm power to cultivable unit area up to 2 kW/ha.
The Mission objectives are as follows:
- Increasing the reach of farm mechanization to small and marginal farmers and to the regions where availability of farm power is low;
- Promoting ‘Custom Hiring Centres’ to offset the adverse economies of scale arising due to small landholding and high cost of individual ownership;
- Creating hubs for hi-tech& high value farm equipments;
- Creating awareness among stakeholders through demonstration and capacity building activities;
- Ensuring performance testing and certification at designated testing centers located all over the country.
Central Sector Components
- Promotion and Strengthening of Agricultural Mechanisation through Training, Testing and Demonstration; and
- Demonstration, Training and distribution of Post Harvest Technology and Management (PHTM)
District nodal agencies will identify and sponsor beneficiaries such as Farmers, Members of SHGs and other entities, rural youth on receipt of training calendar. If required, the training institutions will also invite applications for specific courses from the targeted district under the State AAP. Trainers, Officials of State Governments, Technicians, Entrepreneurs and Manufacturers etc. will apply to the respective institutions for appropriate courses.
Financial Assistance for Training:
The training institutions will claim Rs 4000/- per person per week for the conduct of these courses. This includes:
- stipend of Rs. 500/- per trainee per week
- Actual to and fro travel expenses by ordinary mode of transport in ordinary class, upto maximum of Rs. 500/- per trainee
- Boarding and Lodging Charges @ Rs. 1500/- per trainee per week
- Institutional charges (including stationary, training material, honorarium) @ Rs. 1500/-per trainee per week
For Details: Click Here
Name jaspal singh gill villege mominnagar post kadrabad thana afzalgarh dist bijnor uttaepardes mobil no.7500330037
I want to purchase agriculture machinery like tractor ,thresher, tiller etc .please give me information
Hi i live at akola maharashtra where shuld i aplye for the skim?