Breeding and rearing live bearers of ornamental fishes is the entry point in the ornamental sector as it involves a simple technique and less investment. Considering the production potential, good market demand for ornamental fishes and keeping in view of the employment opportunity to the urban and semi urban youth NFDB and West Bengal Govt. has launched a scheme for providing financial assistance for setting up of breeding and rearing units.
- Entrepreneurs having owned a minimum area of approximately 300 metres vacant land with adequate water facility for setting up of ornamental fish production unit.
- Entrepreneurs having taken a minimum area of approximately 300 metres vacant land with adequate water facility on lease for minimum period of 7 years for setting up of ornamental fish production unit .
- Willing to take up the activity in accordance with the guidelines of NFDB
- Prospective beneficiaries willing to undergo training at the Government sponsored institutions.
- The unit cost for establishment of middle scale breeding and rearing of ornamental unit is estimated at Rs. 8.00 Lakhs.
- NFDB will provide 25% subsidy to entrepreneurs and in case of S.C/S.T the subsidy will be 30% of the unit cost.
For More Info: Click Here