Sher-e-Kashmir Employment and Welfare Programme for the Youth (SKEWPY)
SKEWPY provides an opportunity to Kashmiri youths to convert their business idea into reality with the help of assistance provided under this scheme. The main objective of this scheme is to motivate, train and facilitate educated youth to take up entrepreneurship as a career option and create employment opportunities not for only oneself but for others too. It is implemented by Jammu & Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute (J&KEDI).
This is a seed capital funding scheme.
Non-refundable seed money of the 35% of the project cost subject to a maximum limit of:
- The maximum funding can be INR 3 lacs for undergraduates/graduates.
- For post graduate the limit is INR 5 lacs.
- For professionals like Doctors, Engineers, MBA’s, etc. the ceiling limit is 7.5 lacs.
- And the remaining 65% of the project cost will be provided as bank loan at the rate of 9 percent per annum through J&K Bank.
- He/she should be within the age group of 18 to 35 years.
- Minimum qualification should be 10+2.
- The applicant must be registered with the concerned district employment and counselling centre.
- The person won’t be eligible for seed funding if he/she has already taken any other scheme.
For more information and to avail this scheme, CLICK HERE.