Government of Punjab introduced Agriculture Policy, in order to achieve the multidimensional potential of agricultural development in the state. This ambitious policy aims at encouraging private sector participation in the field of agricultural research, development, extension, input management and distribution, and agricultural marketing.
- To improve production technology and infrastructure by promoting private sector in agricultural supply chain.
- To ensure a faster and sustainable agricultural development.
- To increase the income of farmers through agricultural diversification towards high value activities.
- Encouraging the cultivation and addressing the problems of high value Crops.
- To attain long term growth rate in agriculture sector.
All agriculture based industries, soil management units, value addition units, food processing, horticulture and floriculture units, entrepreneurs, unemployed young individuals and farmers of the State will get the benefits of this policy.
- Sustainability diversification such as to develop suitable varieties of vegetables and fruits for protective cultivation and higher yield and also taken up some specific programmes to promote organic farming.
- Helps in improving power and water use efficiently, power supply and this would be metered and charged beyond a fixed level of free supply.
- Helps in improving soil health by using fertigation technology with drip irrigation so to increase efficiency of soil.
- A state-of-the-art laboratory should be established for residue analysis of pesticides and heavy metals in the crop produce. Supply of quality pesticides to the farmers should be ensured.
- Improves farm economy, the farmers have to be assisted to adopt high value crops, namely vegetables and fruits, take up commercial dairy farming, fish, poultry, pig and goat farming and improve milk yield of existing milch animals.
- Provides incentives at rural areas of the state for promoting mechanization, processing and export of vegetables such as chilli, onion, potato, garlic, muskmelon, etc.
- Establishment of seed testing laboratories in the state for testing of GM crops and DNA fingerprinting etc.
For More Details: Click Here