- These 2 schemes will further incentivise digital payments.
- “Strategic push towards increased cashless transactions. A big boost to move towards cashless and corruption free India. Two new schemes launched,”
- Earlier, announcing ‘Lucky Grahak Yojna’ and ‘Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojna’, Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant said both the schemes will cover small transactions between Rs 50 and Rs 3,000 to encourage every section of the society to move to digital payments.
To promote digital payments post demonetisation, the government will give daily, weekly and mega cash awards totalling Rs 340 crore for consumers as well as merchants beginning the Christmas Day.
First draw will happen on December 25 and the mega draw on April 14, the birth anniversary of B R Ambedkar.
- National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) will announce 15,000 winners of Rs 1,000 each for next 100 days, starting December 25.
- There will be 7,000 weekly awards each for consumers and merchants.
- “Focus of Lucky Grahak and Digi-Dhan Yojna is on poor, middle class and small businesses so as to bring them into digital payments revolution”.
Source: Times of India