The Agneepath scheme, launched by India’s Defence Ministry, would annually recruit about 45,000 young people aged 17.5 to 21 years for a four-year period, which will include six months of basic training and a monthly income of Rs 30,000 to 40,000. As with the regular cadre of soldiers, airmen, and sailors, the selected candidates will be entitled to honors, awards, and insurance coverage. Only 25% of the troops will be kept or re-enlisted for future duty beyond the four-year period, and they will be chosen based on their willingness and medical fitness.
The objective of Agneepath scheme:
The objective is to recruit “young talent from society who are more in sync with current technology trends and plow back skilled, disciplined, and motivated manpower into society.”
How to apply for the Agneepath scheme:
The armed forces will hold recruitment rallies on several campuses as well as unique rallies in the near future. For all three services, enrolment would be done through a centralized online portal. For this, specialized rallies and campus interviews will be held at recognized technical colleges such as Industrial Training Institutes and the National Skills Qualifications Framework.
Age limit for the scheme:
Enrolment will be on an ‘All India All Class’ basis, with eligible ages ranging from 17.5 to 21 years old.
Educational Requirements for Agniveers:
- General Duty for Soldiers SSLC/Matric with an overall grade of 45 percent. If you have a higher qualification, no percent is necessary. Between the ages of 17.5 and 21,
- For Soldier Technical 10+2/Intermediate passed in subjects Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and English. Now eight ages for higher qualification. 17.5 – 21 Years
- Soldier Clerk / Storekeeper Technical 10+2/Intermediate exam passed in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science) with a minimum of 40% in each subject and a minimum of 50% overall. For a higher qualification, you should weigh your age. Between the ages of 17.5 and 21,
- Passed the Soldier Nursing Assistant 10+2/Intermediate exam in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with a minimum of 50% overall and 40% in each subject. Now eight ages for higher qualification. 17.5 – 21 Years
Soldier Trades man-
- 5 – 21 Years (i) General Duties- Non-Matric
- 5 to 21 years old (ii) Specified Duties- Non-matriculated
Agneepath Scheme Provides Benefits to Agniveers such as:
- Agniveers will receive a monthly package that is tailored to their needs, as well as Risk and Hardship allowances for each of the three services.
- Agniveers will be paid a one-time ‘Seva Nidhi’ package upon completion of the four-year engagement period, which will include their contribution, plus accrued interest, and a matching contribution from the government equal to the accumulated amount of their contribution, plus interests.
- The ‘Seva Nidhi’ will be income tax-free. There will be no entitlement to benefits such as gratuities or pensions.
- For the term of their involvement in the Indian Armed Forces, Agniveers will be supplied with a non-contributory Life Insurance Coverage of Rs 48 lakhs.
For further query go to the website : https://ysrschemes.in/agneepath-army-recruitment-yojana/