Design Clinic Scheme (DCS) for MSMEs
Innovation is the way a person applies his ideas and design is the ultimate product shows all the mental works in physical manifestation.
The objective of this scheme is to enhance the understanding and application of design and innovation in MSMEs (Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises). It aims to encourage people involved in MSMEs to understand design as a value added activity and also to integrate into mainstream business. The National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad, is the nodal agency assigned by the Indian government to implement this scheme. The scheme has been envisioned with following objective:
“Original equipment manufacturing” through “original design manufacturing” to “original brand manufacturing”.
DCS provides financial assistance to support design works undertaken by students, professionals and MSMEs. To avail the financial assistance a MSME should fulfil the criteria defined in MSMED Act 2006. Before getting the finance the applicant should get “Design Need Analysis” from an academic institution or design company approved by Design Clinic Centres. After consulting and need analysis, a detailed project proposal should have to be prepared and submitted to design clinic centre. The financial assistance is available for two types of applicants: 1) Design Project Funding for Professionals and 2) Design Project Funding for Students
Design Project Funding for Professionals
- All applicants who require financial assistances must be in collaboration with a MSME requiring assistance in design and academic institution or designer which will provide that assistance.
- A single MSME will get fund up to 9 lakh or 60% of the project cost – whichever is less.
- In the case of a group consisting 4 or more than 4 MSMEs, INR lakhs will be provided or 60% of the project cost – whichever is less.
- Under this scheme, 40% of the project cost will be contributed by participating MSMEs.
- The funding amount will be reimbursed in four instalments:
- Stage 1 – Strategy – 25%
- Stage 2 – Concept – 25%
- Stage 3 – Detail Design – 25%
- Stage 4 – Successful Implementation and Completion Report – 25%
Design Project Funding for Students
- This scheme will assist design work done for MSMEs by a final year student under the supervision of parent design institution, by providing grants up to INR 1.5 lakhs or 75% of the project cost whichever is less.
- MSME would contribute 25% of the project cost.
- Students in the final year of graduation or post-graduation from a recognized institution by design clinic centre.
- The funding is available for last year students for their dissertation projects.
- The student will have to apply in a prescribed manner through his/her institution and with the consent of MSME where he/she will be doing the project.
- The funds will be granted in three stages.
Who can apply?
- The MSMEs should have a business which is ongoing.
- The applicant designer/academic institution will be responsible for carrying out the design project.
- The MSMEs should be a profitable entity in last three years.
- The MSME must demonstrate that they have the capability of export.
For more information, CLICK HERE