- To envisage various incentives for startups so as to enable the success.
- Provision of creation of incubation Centers in the host institutions in the State in order to build capacities, develop networking, establish necessary infrastructure and generate awareness.
- To create self-employment and employment generation opportunities.
- Upgrading the skills of entrepreneurs and to provide them support to set up their units under professional guidance.
- Helping and hand-holding entrepreneurs to select viable projects in the potential areas.
- All Start-ups/ new industries/Innovation Projects defined under the scheme.
- The same incentives cannot be availed on the same component under State and Central Scheme.
- Technology driven Innovation in any sector
- Rural infrastructure and facilities, crafts, arts, water and sanitation, renewable energy, healthcare, etc.
- Clean technology
- Agriculture, Horticulture and the related areas
- Food Processing.
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Mobile, IT and ITes including hardware
Key elements of the Scheme
- Incubators The Govt. will encourage Host Institutes like the reputed technology (IIT, NIT, etc.), management (IIM, etc.) and R&D institutes (CSIR institutes located in state), other institutions (Universities) and private universities/Engineering Colleges which are in existence for at least 5 years as on 31.3.2016 in the state to set up Incubators/Incubation Centers in the State.
- Human Capital
- Handholding and Support
- Startup/New Industries Support Center- The HP Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (HPCED) would act as a support center for the startups in the State.
- Support to Innovation Projects
- Rs. 25,000/- per month will be provided to the innovation projects as sustenance allowance for one year whose project is recommended by the Host Institution and approved by the Empowered Committee.
- Incubation center will provide support to the startups and innovation projects by providing mentoring services, access to their labs, facilities, etc. on a free-of-cost (FOC) basis. Marketing/commercialization assistance of maximum of Rs. 10 lakh will be provided to the innovation project to launch its products/services in the market.
- The cost of filing and processing of patent application will be reimbursed to the incubated startup companies subject to a limit of Rs. 2 lakh (0.2 million) per Indian patent awarded or actual cost incurred, whichever is less.
- Financial assistance will be provided for three years to the selected institutions for setting up the incubator and other activities.
- The maximum financial assistance will be provided @ Rs. 30 lakh per incubator per year upto a period of three years.
- In addition the related incubators will be entitled for a grant of maximum Rs.10.00 lakh.
- Incentives to New Industries/Startups/Innovation Projects
- Grants- Subsidy on the cost of preparation of feasibility study/project report @ 75% of the cost subject to maximum of Rs. 1,00,000/- in each case.
- Department of Industries/Sectors will provide land to start-ups/new industries/Innovation Projects in micro and small scale Industries/Sectors in Industrial Areas of Category B and C Areas @ 50% of the rates fixed by Department of Industries from time to time.
- Concession in Stamp Duty All new Start-up/new industries/Innovation Projects Units to be setup in Himachal Pradesh will be charged stamp duty @ 3% only on conveyance deed and lease deed from the date of notification by Revenue Department.
- VAT Concessions
- Concession in Fee for obtaining consent from H.P. Pollution Control Board
- Interest subvention
- Purchase Preference by Govt. of H.P./ Public Sector undertaking.
How to apply
Fill up the application form and submit it to the concerned Department with required documents.
To fill up the application form- Click here.
For More Info: Click Here.