All the BPL and APL families besieged with chronic, sudden or acute health issues have now all the reasons to cheer as Government of Assam designed a health assurance scheme with Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched ‘Atal-Amrit Abhiyan’.
Atal-Amrit Abhiyan is a health assurance scheme which will give comprehensive coverage for six disease groups.
- Access to quality treatment for the all the citizens.
- Helping citizens to enjoy sound body, mind and health.
- Families with annual income below Rs. 5 lakh for both BPL and APL.
- State and Central Govt employees are not eligible under this scheme.
- The health assurance scheme will cover all individuals in eligible 437 diseases that would be covered this scheme have been again segregated in six disease groups namely-
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Kidney diseases
- Neonatal diseases
- Neurological conditions
- Coverage under the scheme will be up to Rs. 2 lakh annually for critical health care costs.
- The scheme will be free for the BPL families.
- Under the scheme, the government would provide unique identification number and a health card to each beneficiary. The smart cards will be distributed by April 1st, 2017.
How to Apply
Fill up the application form: Download here.
Submit the duly filled form along with necessary documents to the Atal Amrit Abhiyan Cell in the office of Joint Director of Health Services in each district.
Office of the Mission Director,
National Health Mission (NHM), Assam
Saikia Commercial Complex, Srinagar Path, Christianbasti,
G.S. Road, Guwahati
For More Info: Click here.