Originally launched by the central government, New Seed Money Scheme subsequently has been transferred to the State of Maharashtra as State Plan Scheme. The main objective of this scheme is to provide soft loan or seed money to encourage educated unemployed youth to take up self-employment. The soft loan provided helps the youth to meet a part of his margin money required to get institutional finance for his business and the likes. The Scheme is implemented in the entire State.
(Margin money is generally the money which one person borrows to buy securities.)
- Project cost up to ₹25 lakh for industry, service and business activity.
- Soft loan assistance is available at 15% of the project cost.
- For projects costing ₹10 lakh the assistance is available at 15% (for General category) and at 20% (for SC/ST/OBC/Minorities/Women/Differently abled).
- The maximum soft loan one can avail is of ₹ 3.75 lakh.
- Banks/financial institutions provide loan at 75% of the project cost.
- The rate of interest on the soft loan provided to an individual is 6% but if one repays all the installments regularly then the person gets a kind of discount or rebate of 3%. For e.g.- if you avail soft loan of ₹ 1lakh and you repay the loan availed at a regular time, then you have to pay only 3% of the interest rate on ₹1 lakh.
- But if an individual does not repay the soft loan on time, then 1% extra interest he/she has to give as a penalty.
- Repayment generally starts after 3 years of getting the loan. And, one has to pay every year and has to repay the amount within 4years (for industries). For the rest sectors, repayment starts after 6 months of availing the loan.
- Age limit- A person must be between age 18 and 50 years.
- Educational qualification- must be a standard VII passed out.
- The applicant must be staying in Maharashtra for at least 15 years.
- The General Manager, District Industries Centre for the respective district,
- The Joint Director of Industries (Mumbai Metropolitan Region) for Greater Mumbai
How to avail?
Application can be filed in prescribed application format to the concerned District Industries Centre or to the Office of the Joint Director of Industries (MMR). Application form is available at the above mentioned offices in free of cost.
For any assistance Contact Us
I am Arsem india This is my company 4 years old continue working in events corporate events commercial events weddings planning events and etc
Please help me my project
Thanks and regards
I Want to Start Travel Agency with one bus for that can i get loan
please help me, i want a loan for new buisness, i am handicap, please help me
I am ketan from mumbai.
Kindly advice further on these to avail these loan.
Vinod jadhav. Hi I’m Vinod Jadhav ,I want to start my own business in fitness sector . but I have more financial problems. & these days I’m unemployed please help me for the Lone to starting my business
Actually, i want to launch a new business and for that i need a loan an amount of 1,00000/-. How to get loan from soft loan? Kindly provide me information whether i can get loan or not,
My self yogesh potdar am from murum tal.umarga dist.osmanabad.413605
I want to start cloth store for that can I get loan
I want loan for fitness industry.
What is bank interest rate for 5 lakh loan
I want to start a cloth business in AURANGABAD so plz provide me detailes how can I apply for soft loan
i want to start net cafe in nanded please provide me deteal how can applay in lone
I would like to start up a small business owner food.. may I know the process for this how to apply for seed money scheme..kindly reply..
Sir I am NILESH Vijay bardiya manmad I am trades in fmgc products in manmad so plz. Help me for growing my business . Plz provided 100000 lakhs loan @lowyest ret of interest so plz reply me thanks