- The information & broadcasting ministry has drafted more than 40 magic troupes to begin with, starting with shows in villages of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana.
- The focus is on recreating Indian street magic on stage to drive home a reality through illusions.
- Picture a dustbin that turns all of its garbage into flowers. Or utensils given to young girls to wash that transform into books.
- Two uplifting images that seem far removed from the grim reality, but the government is betting on the allure of magic to deliver the underlying message across rural India and drive its pet programmes, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign.
- In a ‘Modi-fication’ of the Great Indian Rope Trick of sorts, the government has turned to magic shows performed in the country since ancient times to spread awareness about its campaigns to promote cleanliness and education of the girl child.