Sports are an essential part of life in Haryana. The accomplishments of athletes give Haryana a source of pride. Success of Haryana athletes at major international games and competitions, particularly the London Olympic Games, Asian Games and Commonwealth Games, demonstrates that excellence is an aspiration worthy of focused and continued pursuit. So a new policy “Haryana Sports and Physical Fitness Policy-2015” with an expanded vision, new goals, and convergence of all stakeholders has been introduced by Haryana Government for increased effectiveness of the sports system and enable Haryana athletes to move to the forefront of international sports.
- Opportunities are provided for persons from traditionally underrepresented and/or marginalized populations to actively engage in all aspects of sports participation.
- Children and youth have access to safe and appropriate spaces for unstructured play and self-organized sports.
- Capable volunteers and salaried workers are recruited and retained in order to achieve system objectives.
- Athletes at all levels of competitive sports have access to quality coaching that is based on sound scientific techniques and principles of coach development.
- Technical leaders plan and deliver world-class high performance programs.
- Sports, community, state and national organizations collaborate to leverage sports programming intentionally for local, state and national social development.
Period of Operation:
The Policy sets direction for the period 2015-2020 for all government and non government organizations that are committed to realizing the positive impact of sports on individuals, social groups and the society.
Incentives to Sportsperson:
- Cash Awards:
- The awards would be given to sports persons for their outstanding performance in sports.
- Amount of cash award for each member of position holder team will be equivalent to the amount to be given to the position holder of individual events.
- Financial Support For Infrastructure Development And Cadet Support to Mother Institution:
- If the athlete qualify for the cash award scheme then his mother or training institution would be given financial support up to the 10% of the award value for the infrastructure and equipment support to budding sportsperson in that institution.
- Increment For Medal Winner Employees:
- The employees will also be given incentives of increment who secure first,
second and third position in recognized national/international competitions in post appointment achievements.
- Honorarium And Pension For Awardees:
Honorarium and pension shall be given to Arjun Awardees, Dhyanchand Awardees and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratan Awardees from the state in addition to the incentives given by Government of India.
Eligibility For Cash Awards:
- The sportsperson must have represented the state of Haryana in the national team, in case of national level competitions.
- Awards will be given for the performance of preceding financial year only.
- Applications of athletes should be received through concerned District Sports & Youth Affairs Officer.
- The sportsperson or parents of the sportsperson should be resident/domicile of Haryana.
For More Information: Click Here
Drop your Query, Feedback and Suggestion in the Comment Box.