Financial Assistance up to a maximum of Rs. 1,00,000/- is available from 01.01.13 to the poor indigent patients from the Health Minister’s Discretionary Grant to defray a part of the expenditure on Hospitalization/treatment in Government Hospitals in cases where free medical facilities are not available.
- Reimbursement of expenditure already incurred is not permissible.
- Prolonged treatment involving recurring expenditure is not permissible.
- Financial assistance is not admissible for diseases of common nature where treatment is not expensive.
- Financial assistance is not admissible for T.B. cases for which free treatment is available under National T.B.Control Programme.
- Central as well as State Government employees are not eligible for grant under rules.
- Only those having annual family income up to Rs.1.00,000/- and below are eligible for financial assistance from Health Minister’s Discretionary Grant (HMDG).
Financial limit for grants
As per the existing guidelines financial assistance is granted to the patient –
- 50,000/-, if the estimated cost of treatment is upto Rs.1,00,000/-;
- 75,000/- if the estimated cost of treatment is above Rs.1,00,000/- and upto Rs.1,50,000/- and
- 1,00,000/- if the estimated cost of treatment is above Rs.1,50,000/-.
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Nirman Bhavan,
New Delhi -110 011
For More Information: Click Here
if patient treatment is under private trust hospital will he be eligible to get financial assistance from these scheme.