- The Indian Navy on April 20th 2015 , launched the stealth destroyer INS Vishakhapatnam at Mumbai’s Mazagon dock.
- The total cost of the project is little over Rs 29,600 Crores.
- At 7,300 tonnes, Visakhapatnam will be the largest destroyer commissioned by the Indian Navy and will be equipped with the Israeli Multi Function Surveillance Threat Alert Radar (MF-STAR).
- INS Vishakhapatnam is the first of P15-B stealth destroyers.
- The 163 m long ship, which will be propelled by four gas turbines, is designed to achieve a speed of over 30 knots at a displacement of approx 7300 tons.
- This indigenously designed stealth destroyer will have state-of-the-art weapons, sensors, an advance Action Information System, in Integrated Platform Management system, sophisticated Power Distribution System and a host of other advanced features.