Handlooms, Handicrafts, Textiles and Khadi Department,Tamil Nadu, has a scheme for the Handloom Weavers of the State that will provide them insurance against their lives under the Scheme “Mahathma Gandhi Bunkar Bima Yojana”.
- To insure the lives of the poor handloom weavers.
- To provide them or their legal heirs source of earning during the event of death and disability of the weaver.
- The weaver should earn at least 50% of his income from handloom weaving.
- Weavers between the age group of 18 and 59 years are eligible to become member under the Scheme.
- Handloom weavers belonging to the Primary Handloom Weavers Co-operative Societies and Weavers outside co-operative are covered under the scheme.
- Insurance amount payable to the beneficiaries are as follows-
- For natural death – Rs.60,000/- along with Co-optex contribution of Rs.15,000/-.
- For accidental death – Rs.1, 50,000/- along with Co-optex contribution of Rs.15,000/-.
- Total disability due to – Rs.1, 50,000/- accident.
- Partial disability due to – Rs. 75,000/- accident.
- Government of India’s contribution Rs.150/-
- Life Insurance Corporation of India’s Contribution Rs.100/-
- State Government’s contribution (on behalf of Rs. 80/- the weavers) Total Rs.330/-
How to Apply
Contact- Director of Handloom Weavers Co-operative Society.
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.