New Jan Ausadhi Store (JAS)
The JAS scheme launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, and Indian government, aims to make quality generic medicines throughout the country. Currently, the scheme focuses on opening a JAS in every district of all the states and it is expected that soon it will be expanded to the next level by including every village. This scheme provides a good income opportunity for the unemployed pharmacists, individual entrepreneurs, doctors, and registered medical practices.
Margin and Income:
- The operating entity will get 16% margin which is already included in the MRP of each drug.
- JAS is also eligible for getting 10% incentives linked to total monthly sales for first 12 months ceiling up to INR 10,0000 and,
15 % incentives for stores located in Naxal affected and Tribal areas with ceiling up to INR 15,000.
Procedure and requirements:
- Own space or a hired space with lease agreement.
- Minimum space required: 120 sq.ft.
- Retail drug license.
- Proof of computer knowledge.
- Financial capacity.
- The premise should have sufficient furniture.
- Two display boards: 1 horizontal and 1 vertical
- A computer, printer, internet and phone connection.
- All billing should be done using software provided by BPPI.
- The store should remain open from morning 08:00 AM to 08:00 PM.
Interested parties can send their applications along with a demand draft of INR 2,000 drawn in favour of BPPI payable at Gurgaon to:
|The General Manager (A&F), Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of India (BPPI),
IDPL Corporate Office, IDPL Complex,
Old Delhi Gurgaon Road, Dundahera, Gurgaon – 122016 (Haryana).
For more information and application form click here.