PM-Daksh Yojana is a National Action Plan that aims to improve the all-around competency and adeptness of marginalized sections. Furthermore, PM-Daksh stands for Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi . Launched by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJ&E), the scheme is implemented by the 3 corporations under the Ministry:
- NSFDC- National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation
- NBCFDC- National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation
- NSKFDC- National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation
Altogether, the scheme includes people coming from SCs, OBCs, EBCs, DNTs, and Sanitation workers. Moreover, the scheme is trying to bridge the gap between the educational backwardness of youth and the requirements for employment. For this reason, youths are having a hard time to obtain employment with a good pay-scale that matches their educational background and expectations. In addition to this, the sanitation workers and ragpickers communities also face a lot of socio-culture and economic problem to get into the mainstream. Ergo, by providing short-term skilling courses to these students, the government is uplifting these marginalized sections to mainstream society.
- Candidates should be between the age group of 18-45 years.
- Most importantly, only candidates belonging to any of the following categories can apply for the training programme. Namely:
- Other Backward Classes (OBCs) having annual family income below Rs 3 Lakhs
- Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) having annual family income below Rs 1 Lakh
- De-notified, Nomadic and SemiNomadic Tribe (DNT)
- Upskilling/RPL (32-80 hours)
- Entrepreneurial Development Programme (80-90 hours)
- Short-term courses (200-600 hours)
- Long-term courses (6 months & above)
It should be noted that the training programmes are being provided to eligible candidates by the Minsitry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. All citizens can register themselves for the benefits and gain trainings at all the government institutes, sector skill councils, etc.
Benefits under PM-Daksh Yojana:
- Free of Cost training for the trainees.
- Stipend of Rs 1000 to Rs 1500 per month per trainee.
- Wage Compensation of Rs 3000 per trainee
- In fact, trained candidates are provided certification after successful completion of training and assessments.
- Apart from all this, trained candidates are also provided placement after assessment and certification.
Recently, a mobile application named ‘PM-Daksh’ Mobile app and an online portal namely “PM-Daksh’ Portal was also launched by the concerned ministry. For this reason, the Minsitry of social Justice and Empowerment collaborated with National e-Governance Division (NeGD). Consequently, the beneficiaries can now access the benefits of the skill development training programmes more easily.