- Railways has arrested over 10,000 unauthorized people, including hawkers and vendors, undertaken as part of its efforts to keep rail premises clear of anti-social elements.
- 7,000 stations all over the country were inspected during the drive in the period
- Besides, 4,000 persons were caught travelling in women’s compartments and 5,000 were taken to task for causing nuisance at stations and in trains.
- The public transporter had launched a massive passenger and customer facilitation campaign last month in an effort to reach out to passengers and address their problems.
- While 233 rail projects worth Rs 4,000 crore were commissioned during the period, the campaign also witnessed commencement of 75 projects worth Rs 550 crore.
- The campaign was directed towards improving passenger amenities and services, customer care, participation of passenger and railway staff in various activities and creating awareness among the public about Railways’ initiatives and achievements.