Department of Social Welfare, Goa government, has been the constantly active to provide the disabled person with maximum facilities which are essential for the Social, Economic and Vocational Rehabilitation.
- To provide financial assistance to the NGO’s working for the rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities to set up Braille Library for Visually Disabled Persons.
- To provide sophisticated and scientifically manufactured, modern, standard audio visual aid, Braille Books, talking books, etc.
- Those NGOs which are registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860
- They should be functioning for a minimum period of five years and working for the rehabilitation of persons with disabilities on the date of making an application shall be considered for grant of financial assistance under this Scheme.
- The NGO’s should also be registered under section 52 of the “Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995”.
Under the Scheme an amount equivalent to 80% cost of the setting up of the Braille Library subject to maximum of Rs. 15,00,000 can be availed.
How to Apply
Application for financial assistance shall be submitted to the Director of Social Welfare in the Prescribed Format and shall be accompanied with the mentioned documents.
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.