Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Govt of India has a Solar Park Scheme. The solar parks will be developed in collaboration with the State Governments and their agencies. Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) would be MNRE’s Agency for handling this Scheme. The choice of implementing agency for developing and maintaining the park is left to the State Government.
- The scheme aims to provide a huge impetus to solar energy generation by acting as a flagship demonstration facility to encourage project developers and investors, prompting additional projects of similar nature, triggering economies of scale for cost-reductions, technical improvements and achieving large scale reductions in GHG and carbon emissions.
- It would enable States to bring in significant investment from project developers, meet its Solar Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) mandate and provide employment opportunities to local population.
All the States and Union Territories are eligible for benefitting under the scheme. Projects of any solar technology may come up in the Solar Park.
Following facilities to the solar project developers for the development of the solar park will be provided:-
- Land approved for installation of solar power plants and necessary permissions including change of land use etc.
- Road connectivity to each plot of land.
- Water availability for construction as well as running of power plants and demineralization plant.
- Flood mitigation measures like flood discharge, internal drainage etc.
- Construction power.
- Telecommunication facilities.
- Transmission facility consisting pooling station (with 400/220, 220/66 KV switchyard and respective transformers) to allow connection of individual projects with pooling station through a network of underground cables or overhead lines.
- Housing facility for basic manpower wherever possible ix. Parking, Warehouse etc.
How to Apply:
The implementing agency may give wide publicity and have a process of registration for prospective developers to register so that the demand for the solar park can be assessed.
For More Info: Click Here
To Download our App: Click Here