- Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh paid a two-day visit on May 30-31, 2015 to the LWE-affected State of Chhattisgarh and reviewed the anti-LWE Operations and the development agenda with the State Chief Minister Dr. Raman Singh and Senior Officials of the Central and State Government including the CAPFs.
- He said that new Post Offices will be opened in the three worst affected districts of south Bastar namely Sukma, Bijapur and Dantewada.
- The Home Minister also laid stress on the expeditious formulation of the Road Requirement Plan, RRP-II, in consultation with the Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways.
- Shri Rajnath Singh called for the opening of schools and hostels, new bank branches and expansion of radio and TV coverage in the Naxal affected areas.
- The State Government proposed that the Centre should undertake the “Bastar Plan” for its integrated development on both economic and security fronts.
- The Union Home Minister held an interaction with the jawans of the CRPF and State Police Force at Chintagufa Camp in Sukma.
- The jawans demanded adequate provision for Family Accommodation in Group Centres and removal of differences in Pay and Allowances between the State Police Force, CAPF and Cobra jawans staying in the same campus.
- Senior Security Advisor Shri K. Vijay Kumar, Special Secretary (Internal Security) Shri Ashok Prasad, Senior Officers of the Central and State Governments and Security Agencies accompanied the Union Home Minister.