Electric power and its easy availability is an established benchmark of development and an essential prerequisite for all-round prosperity. No major economic activity can be sustained without adequate and reliable source of power. Therefore, the Government of Uttar Pradesh adopts and announces Policy, known as “Wind Energy Policy 2015” to tap the resources of power in Ghaghra and Sharda river basins to improve the availability of power through grid-connected projects.
- To promote generation and use of clean and green power in the. State by harnessing wind energy.
- To put in place an appropriate investment climate so that this could stimulate private sector participation in development of wind power.
- To spread environmental awareness among the general public.
- To contribute to productive use of wastelands.
- To enhance skills and create employment opportunities.
- To promote establishment of local manufacturing facilities.
- To build capacity in the State to initiate and sustain, use and effective management of newer technologies.
This policy shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Gazette of the Government of Uttar Pradesh and remain in force until further revision of the policy.
- Any renowned wind energy-consulting firm, manufacturer or developer which is impaneled with the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India and is interested in wind energy projects shall be permitted to conduct Wind Resource Assessment in the State.
- The prospective developer shall carry out the monitoring for at least 12 consecutive months and shall have its data verified by NIWE or the institution recommended by MNRE for the purpose of validation and certification of monitored data.
- The site shall be declared as an eligible site, if recommended by NIWE after analysis of monitored data.
Uttar Pradesh New & Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA) under the Deptt of Additional Sources of Energy, Govt. of UP, will be the nodal agency for the wind power development in the State.
- Wind energy generating companies shall also be eligible for all the incentives as applicable in infrastructure & industrial policy 2013 of Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- All Incentives by MNRE Govt. of India shall be available to developers
- The Energy generated from wind shall be exempted from electricity duty.
- For execution of wind power projects, land purchase shall be free from registration and stamp fee.
For Details: Click Here