Vocational Qualification Assistance Scheme (VQAS)
Rajasthan State Industrial Development and Investment Corporation (RIICO) has framed this scheme in Dec, 2012 to provide financial assistance for community welfare projects in the villages affected by industries to ensure that local communities are not left behind. RIICO while acquiring the lands, contributes 1% of the compensation to Skill Development Fund (SFD). So, persons living in the locality of lands purchased by RIICO can avail this scheme for their career and economic growth. There is no reservation policy under this scheme, so anyone who wish to earn a vocation degree or diploma can join this scheme.
Who can avail this scheme?
This scheme is available for the child and grandchild of the Land Owner, who has got admission in any vocational course or institution during the current financial year or next year. Only two persons belonging to the affected land owner can be benefited under this scheme and the age limit is 16-35 years.
What type of courses are covered?
- Skill Development Certificate Courses of not less than 240 hrs.
- Online IT related courses of not less than 75 hrs – run by Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited.
- All certificate courses run by GOV. ITI for the duration of 6 months/1year/2year.
- All diploma courses for the duration of 2-3 years run by GOV. Polytechnic and Management Institutes.
- Engineering courses run by GOV. Engineering Colleges.
RIICO will provide reimburse 90% of Tuition Fee and Hostel Fee.
How to avail?
RIICO will publicize the Scheme by putting advertisement in local newspapers.
- Format for Application Form: Annex-B
- Format for Certificate from Gram Sewak/ Patwari/Sarpanch for identification of youth: Annex-C
- Format for Certificate from Institution given admission: Annex-D
- Format for Acceptance Slip to be issued by the RIICO unit to the applicant: Annex-E
- Format for Bank details: Annex-F
- Format for subsequent fee reimbursement application (if applicable): Annex-G
To avail the application form and more detailed information, CLICK HERE.