- An official handling a large amount of cash or having access to government secrets could face a hurdle in getting permission for a private trip overseas.
- The new format of draft instructions prepared by Department of Personnel and Training ( DoPT) says While granting such permission, many factors are required to be kept in view.
- It is supposed to be filled up by the administrative authorities before granting of permission
- The four parameters have been specified- whether the government servant is handling large amounts of government cash, is dealing with secret/top secret matters, any case involving serious charges against the official is under investigation or any disciplinary proceeding is pending against the official.
- The proposed instruction says the application should be brought to the notice of the government servant within one week of the receipt of the application.