- Nara Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh proudly announced the major step taken by the state government towards digitization.
- Andhra Pradesh has become the first state to execute the National Optic Fibre Network(NOFN) project of Government of India and the Chief Minister very affirmatively forecasts that the project will be completed within three years, by Dasara.
- After the completion of project, it is expected to deliver broadband connection with 10-15 Mbps speed to each of the 12 million households for Rs.150 per month, including all Gram Panchayats.
- Using the GIS design, 55,000 km of optic fiber cable is planned to be laid. The fiber grid will be put to full utilization in sectors such as Education, Medicine, Agriculture, Rural Development, e-Governance, e-Commerce and Digital Literacy.
- As a part of the project there is going to be two state rings covering 2,491 km across 13 districts and the progress will be monitored by collectors of each district.