1. The Govt of India has selected the Andhra Pradesh State as one among the three States for providing 24 x 7 power supply to domestic consumers.
2. In AP State, around 300 sunny days in a year with Solar Insolation of 5.5 to 6.0 KWh/m2 is available, which is next to Rajasthan and Gujarat States.
3. The Govt of Andhra Pradesh is focusing on the development of solar energy projects/programmes including Solar P V Pump Sets for Irrigation purpose in large scale in the State.
4. The Govt of Andhra Pradesh has launched a major programme for irrigation with Solar Powered Pumps during the year 2014-15.
5. The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE), Govt of India, New Delhi has allotted 6,725 nos of solar pumpsets of 3 HP and 5 HP Capacity to Andhra Pradesh state, with Central Financial Assistance during the years 2014-15 and 2015-16.
6. The Solar PV pumping programme is being jointly implemented by M/s. NREDCAP along with APDISCOMs/ Agricultural Department / Fisheries Department. The beneficiaries are being selected by the concerned departments from the pending/new applications for Irrigation purpose.
7. NREDCAP has completed the installation of 6,725 no of Pump Sets.
8. The MNRE, Govt of India has allotted another 10,000 nos of Solar Pump Sets during the year 2016-17.
9. NREDCAP has recently called e – Tender for 3,000 nos under 1st phase as per the MNRE Technical Specifications of 2015-16 and the Cost, Subsidy, DISCOMs/Agricultural/Fisheries Departments Share and Beneficiary Contribution details are as follows:
The above cost is inclusive of Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Complete Solar PV Pumping System comprising of SPV modules, VFD/Inverter, Remote Monitoring arrangement, AC Surface/Submersible Pump, Mounting Structure, Manual Tracking, Cables, HDPE Pipe etc. as per MNRE technical Specifications, inclusive of CMC and insurance for 5 years period on turnkey basis.
10. NREDCAP is planning to complete the installation of the allotted quantity of 10,000 nos by March 2017.
11. The Government of Andhra Pradesh is planning to take up 10,000 nos of S P V Pump Sets every year.