Madhya Pradesh has wide spread area of 154.55 lakh hectare of agricultural land, in which 89.70 lakh hectare of land is irrigated. More over 27% of the irrigation is done by small, medium and large enterprises and rest 73 % of irrigation is done by diesel pumps. Apart from Government all effort to distribute electricity in remote areas, there are many places where there is scarcity of electricity. Diesel pump irrigation in remote areas is quite difficult and also it is not economical to the farmers. Seeing this, Madhya Pradesh Government has initiated irrigation through solar pumps in these areas.
- To increase the productivity of the irrigation areas
- Arrangement of Irrigation System in remote areas where there is no electricity
- To help farmers from economic problem they face when they use diesel pumps
- To reduce dependency on Grid Connected System for irrigation
- To reduce pollution generated from diesel pumps
- Villages/Forest areas where there is no electricity
- Villages situated 300m away from the main grid line
- Agriculture areas situated besides rivers,canal,lakes and ponds
- Farmers living in areas lacking infrastructure to get benefit.
- Priority will be given to groups and clusters under this scheme.
- Farmers to get Rs.7600 Cr. subsidy in electricity tariff.
- Government to provide pumps to farmers at 80% grant to promote solar pumping.
For application form: Click Here
For more info: Click Here
To download our app: Click Here