Suryamitra Skill Development Programs (SSDP)
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has increased the target of installing 1, 00,000 MW of solar energy (SE) by 2022, much higher than previous target of 20,000 MW set by last government in 2010. The increased focus of government on renewable energy will create an employment opportunity for at least 7 Lakh people, according to Wadhwani Foundation. Thus government has launched various schemes for the creation of a skilled workforce regarding this sector.
Recently, National Institute of Solar Energy (NSNE) has launched a program focusing on creating a skilled workforce for the SE sector under the name of SSDP. This program is sponsored by Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Govt. of India.
Main Features of SSDPs:
- This is a free residential program where both lodging and boarding are free.
- The program is available at various NSNE centres across the country.
- The duration of the program is 600 hours.
- It is expected that after successfully completion of this course – students will have a strong opportunity for employment in SE sector.
- The students will be trained in the installation, operation and maintenance of the solar system.
- ITI and Diploma students are preferred in this program.
This program is also designed to prepare new entrepreneurs in the SE sector.
- Not less than 18 years of age.
- ITI and diploma holders in Electrical, Mechanical, and Electronics branches.
- Persons belonging to rural areas.
- Women/SC/ST candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Persons with higher qualifications are not eligible for this program.
How to Enrol:
The applicants have to contact their nearest Skill Development venues and register themselves there to avail this course.
The details of the venues can be found here.