- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the constructions of trunk infrastructure components and landscaping for Phase-1 of the Shendra Bidkin Industrial Area (SBIA) spreading across 8.39 sq km in Maharashtra and Dholera Special Investment Region in Gujrat covering the activation area of 22.5 sq. km in the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) Project.
- The project covers construction of Road and Utility Services, Rail over bridges, Sewage Treatment Plant (STP), Common Effluent Treatment Plant (CETP) and Solid Waste Management (SWM) etc.,
- The development of Trunk Infrastructure in Phase-1 of SBIA is proposed to commence in FY 2015-16 and is likely to be completed by FY 2017-18.
- The primary objective of developing the Project Area is to trigger developmental activities in SBIA & DSIR and attract local and global investments.
- The Activation Area of DSIR is envisaged to act as a catalyst for further investments. The presence of basic trunk infrastructure facilities will enable the development of Phase-1 of the DSIR.
- The Cabinet says that the developments on sustainable and green building practices will create benchmarks for urban development in the country.