- Essel Infraprojects Ltd, part of Essel Group, will build two build-operate-transfer (BOT) road projects — Mukarba Chowk Panipat Toll Road and Kundli Manesar Expressway in north India.
- The two projects would hugely help in decongesting Delhi and easing traffic flow on roads connecting six major states with the national capital, said Ashok Agarwal, CEO, Essel Infraprojects.
- To cope with the heavy flow of traffic, the Mukarba Chowk Panipat Toll Road Ltd (National Highway No 1) project highway is proposed to be eight-laned with two-lane service roads on each side.
- The project will benefit real estate development tremendously between Delhi and Sonipat.
- The Kundli Manesar Expressway Ltd is Rs 1,863 crore project and will be a six-lane access controlled bypass for traffic for Delhi from the western side.
- Both the projects will have pedestrian facilities like guard rails, footpath, lighting, landscaping, way-side amenities, ambulance services, Highway Patrolling System as well as Medical Aid Post and likely to completed in 2.5 years.