Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Govt of India has a scheme to provide Financial Support to Orphan Children of Ex-Servicemen.
The aim of this scheme is to provide a small measure of relief from total penury to an orphaned child of an ESM and to support such orphans and ensure their education-cum-settlement.
The following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Applicant must be a legitimate offspring of an ESM.
- Orphan should be aged below 21 years for son or unmarried daughter.
- Should be recommended by respective Zila Sainik Board (ZSB).
For the eligible Orphan, financial assistance is provided at a rate of Rs.1000/- per month during the financial year.
How to apply:
Application should be made to the KSB Sectt with recommendation of the concerned Zila Sainik Welfare Officer (ZSWO) on it. Copies of following documents duly attested by ZSWO must accompany the application:-
- Service Discharge Book/Document (must have entry regarding child).
- Death certificate of both parents.
- Dependent I Card issued by concerned ZSB.
- Birth Certificate of each orphan.
- Certificate from competent authority (for girl) certifying that the girl is not married.
- Details of Bank A/c No (in PNB/SBI only) and IFS Code.
For More Info: Click Here