The government has launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana (SMFs), In order to provide an old age pension Scheme for all land-holding Small and Marginal Farmers. This pension plan is open to those who are also Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi recipients. The PM-KMY, a Central Sector Scheme, is managed by the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, in association with the Life Insurance Corporation of India.
Objective of Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
All land-holding Small and Marginal Farmers (SMFs) are entitled to a monthly pension of Rs. 3000 under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana (PM-KMY).
The entry age range for this voluntary, contributing pension is 18 to 40 years old. The amount of the monthly payment would range from Rs. 55 to Rs. 200, depending on the age of the farmers who enrol in the Scheme.
Eligibility for Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
Farmers who are eligible-
All Small and Marginal Farmers (SMFs) in all States and Union Territories of the nation who are at least 18 years old and up to 40 years old and who do not meet the exclusion requirements listed below are eligible to join this Scheme and get its benefits.
Farmers who are ineligible-
- Any other statutory social security schemes, such as the National Pension System (NPS), the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation scheme, the Employees’ Fund Organization scheme, etc., cover SMFs.
- Farmers who chose to participate in the Ministry of Labour & Employment’s Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan Dhan Yojana (PM-SYM)
- Farmers who chose to participate in the Ministry of Labour & Employment’s Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maan-dhan Yojana (PM-LVM)
- Additionally, the following beneficiary categories with better economic status are ineligible for benefits under the scheme:
- All institutional landowners;
- former and current constitutional officeholders
- Current and Former members of the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, State Legislative Assemblies, State Legislative Councils
- Former and current mayors of municipal corporations and district panchayat chairpersons.
- All officers and employees of Central and State Government Ministries, Offices, and Departments, as well as their field units, Central or State PSEs, attached offices, and Autonomous Institutions under Government
- Regular staff members of Local Bodies (with the exception of multitasking staff and Class IV/Group D employees), whether they are currently employed or have retired.
- Anyone who paid income tax during the most recent assessment year.
- professionals who have registered with professional organizations and are practicing their professions, such as doctors, engineers, lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and architects.
How to apply For Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
Self-registration online or at one of the Common Service Centers located throughout the states are both options for enrolling in the Scheme. There is no charge to enroll.
Click here https://maandhan.in/auth/login to register online for self-enrolment.
In order to enroll via the Common Service Center
Farmers can register at the Common Service Centers (CSCs) https://locator.csccloud.in/ closest to them. The government will pay the Rs. 30 per enrollment fee charged by the Common Service Centers.
To learn more, go to the PM-KMY portal https://www.pmkmy.gov.in/