- Wankaner’s clay craftsman Mansukhbhai Prajapati is a creator of the unique ‘Mitticool’ refrigerators that operate on zero electricity.
- He is now working on creating low cost, eco-friendly houses where the cooling and lighting will be completely natural.
- Mitticool Clay Creation earned Rs 50 lakh last year by selling products like fridge, cooker and other kitchen utensils made of clay.
- IIM Ahmedabad’s professor and founder of Honey Bee Network, Prof Anil Gupta, introduced Prajapati to the National Innovation Foundation, which lent him Rs 1.8 lakh while Grassroots Innovation Augmentation Network (GIAN) mentored him.
- He is called as a ‘true scientist’ by former president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam for his achievements.