- Iran and the P5+1, the permanent members of the UN Security Council and Germany, finally sealed the historic deal on Iran’s nuclear program, signaling that the years of sanctions and diplomatic sanctions against Tehran were coming to an end.
- According to Duowei News, the Middle East and the Persian Gulf in particular will be the regions most immediately affected by the deal, though the impact will extend to Central Asia and beyond to Russia, India and China.
- Apart from Iran and its regional allies, the biggest beneficiary of the deal will likely be India.
- India intends to play a bigger role in the region not just for security reasons but also so it can gain access to oil resources in the Caspian Sea, the report said.
- Chabahar can be regarded as India’s reponse to China’s development of the Gwadar Port in Pakistan, reflecting the mistrust and strategic competition between the two countries.