Ministry of Minority Affairs, GoI, to encourage minority youth for sustainable and gainful employment opportunities has a scheme- Nai Manzil.
- Mobilise youth from minority communities who are school dropouts and provide them with formal education and certification up to level 8th or 10th through (NIOS) or other State open schooling systems.
- As part of the programme, provide integrated Skill Training to the youth in market driven skills.
- Provide placements to at least 70% of the trained youth in jobs which would earn them basic minimum wages
- To provide them with other social protection entitlements like Provident Funds, Employee State Insurance (ESI) etc.
- Raise awareness and sensitization in health and life skills.
- The trainee should belong to Minority community as notified under National Commission for Minorities Act 1992.
- In the States/UTs where some other minority communities notified by respective State/UT Governments exist,
- The trainee should be between 17-35 years of age.
- Certain particular pockets of concentration of minority population within a non-minority district or city will also be eligible for consideration.
- The trainees should belong to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) population both from urban and rural areas.
- For Class VIII Bridge Program: Candidate should possess Class V pass or failed school leaving certificate.
- For Class X Bridge Program: Candidate should possess Class VIII pass school leaving certificate.
The scheme will provide non-residential integrated education and skill training programme for 9 to 12 months of which a minimum 3 months should be devoted to skill training and placement assistance after that.
For More Info: Click Here
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.