- PM has proposed a 10-point initiative that includes India hosting the first trade fair for the grouping and establishing research centres for railways and agriculture.
- Calling it ‘Das Kadam: Ten Steps for the Future’, PM has put forward new initiatives for the BRICS .
- The proposed initiatives for the BRICS include a trade fair, a Railway Research Centre, cooperation among supreme audit institutions, a Digital Initiative and an Agricultural Research Centre.
- They also include State/Local Government’s Forum, cooperation amongst cities in field of Urbanisation, BRICS Sports Council and Annual Sports Meet, a film festival and the first major project of NDB to be in field of Clean Energy.
- India will be the next chair of BRICS for 11 months beginning February next year.
Source: The Indian Express