The Department of Agriculture and Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India has already started implementing e-Governance through various ICT initiatives. The Government of India has decided to launch a Central Sector Scheme titled, “Strengthening / Promoting Agricultural Informatics & Communications” of which one component is AGRISNET.
The objective of AGRISNET is to provide improved services to the farming community through use of ICT. Since the Scheme is going to be implemented in the projectised mode, the State Governments shall determine the output and deliverables for each project in terms of G2C services. Provision of G2G services would be treated as an intermediate output.
The items / activities eligible for funding under AGRISNET:
- Hardware and system software
- Application software
- Data entry
- Training of stakeholders (officials of State Agriculture Department, State Cooperative Department, District Agricultural Officers and Extension workers)
- Other specific activities.
- Essential miscellaneous costs (not to exceed 10% of the total project cost)
Prior to completion of SRS, only the following will be eligible under different heads:-
- One PC for offices between State and District levels which are directly involved in services being provided under the project.
- Ceiling for training would be calculated on the basis of average 5 trainees per PC (other than those linked to servers), the average cost of training being Rs. 3,000 per trainee.
- Cost of data entry will not exceed the amount calculated at the rate of Rs. 1 lakh per district.
- At State level, maximum 10 PCs in addition to those provided with Servers, for use by officials directly involved in services being provided under the project.
- Maximum two PCs for District Agriculture Officers in addition to those provided with Servers for use by officials directly involved in services being provided under the project.
- Maximum one PC for other District level offices (e.g. of other Departments) directly involved in services being provided under the project.
For More Information: Click Here