- Railway Minister has asked young minds to come out with a foolproof method to prevent ticketless travel in trains.
- Ministry is aiming at engaging youth in Indian Railways, to sought innovative ideas for improvement in facilities in the public transporter.
- Ticket less travel is one of the major problems faced by the Indian Railways, causing substantial losses to its passenger services mostly in local and suburban trains.
- In order to encourage innovative solutions, Railways will announce awards for the best idea put forward.
- Railways will make an investment of $120 billion for upgradation and expansion of its network.