- Indian Railways commodity-wise freight traffic earnings were Rs. 9461.47 crore during the month of April 2015 compared to Rs. 8071.18 crore of during the same period last year, registering an increase of 17.23 per cent.
- Out of this Rs. 9461.47 crore,
- Rs. 4623.77 crore generated from transportation of 46.07 million tonnes of coal,
- Rs. 573.12 crore from 8.99 million tonnes of iron ore for exports, steel plants and for other domestic user
- Rs. 872.99 crore from 9.38 million tonnes of cement
- Rs. 570.17 crore from 3.28 million tonnes of foodgrains
- Rs. 502.08 crore from 3.47 million tonnes of petroleum oil and lubricant (POL)
- Rs. 554.51 crore from 3.35 million tonnes of Pig iron and finished steel from steel plants and other points
- Rs. 475.05 crore from 3.43 million tonnes of fertilizers
- Rs. 178.65 crore from 1.64 million tonnes of raw material for steel plants except iron ore
- Rs. 445.84 crore from 3.72 million tonnes by container service
- Rs. 665.29 crore from 6.48 million tonnes of other goods.