For the promotion of agro processing and agri-marketing in the State, Rajasthan Government has decided to adopt a two pronged strategy and launched its Agro Policy 2015.
The policy is aimed at following objectives:
- To create supply chain infrastructure needed for agro industrial development.
- To encourage value addition in agriculture and to reduce post harvest losses thereby increasing the income of farmers and delivering better quality products to consumers.
- To create rural employment and improve the quality of life of rural people.
- To bring in new technologies and practices to modernize agro processing and marketing.
- To assist small scale agro based processing units to remain competitive in global market.
- To increase the export of value added agri-products from the State.
All enterprises with investment of Rs. 100 Crore and provides employment to at least minimum 250 persons, engaged in following activities will be eligible for the benefits under the policy:
- Post Harvest Crop Activities
- Refrigerated Warehousing
- Manufacturing and Processing of Animal products
- Manufacturing and Processing of Agri products
- Manufacturing of fruit and vegetable juices or their concentrates, squashes and powder.
- Manufacturing of sauce, jam and jellies
- Manufacturing of pickles, chutney etc.
- Manufacturing of cereal breakfast obtained by roasting and swelling cereal grains.
- Manufacturing of starches and starch products
- Processing of medicinal/aromatic plants and minor forest products
- Processing of spices and condiments
- Manufacturing of cattle feed/fish feed/poultry feed
The policy has been come into effect from 1st April 2015 and will remain in force till 31st March 2019.
Department of Agriculture is the Nodal Department and The Rajasthan State Agriculture Marketing Board is the Nodal Agency for the implementation of this policy.
- Transport Subsidy up to Rs. 15 Lakhs per beneficiary per year for maximum 3 year will be provided to all types of transport on export of spices.
- Subsidy up to Rs 10 Lakhs per beneficiary per year for maximum 3 years will be provided for export of fruits and vegetables.
- Subsidy up to Rs. 15 Lakhs per beneficiary per year for maximum 3 years will be provided for the transportation of fruits and vegetables beyond a distance of 300 Kms.
- Incentive @50% of the cost of development of new prototype subject to maximum of Rs. 20 Lakhs per year will also be provided.
- Incentive @50% of the cost of development of the DPR (Max. 10 Lakhs for 5 years)
- Incentive for quality and certification will be provided as below:
- Up to Rs. 2 Lakhs per beneficiary per year for patent and design registration
- Up to Rs. 2 Lakhs to each enterprise for each quality certification per year.
- Assistance @40% of actual cost of sending agri-products for test marketing abroad, subject to maximum of Rs. 50,000 per beneficiary for one sample of one commodity to one country.
For More Information: Click Here