Keeping in view the increasing urban population, escalating vegetable prices, unavailability of required area for raising kitchen and the mechanical life in cities, the Department of Horticulture under Telangana Govt., has launched a scheme through the RKVY for growing good quality, residue free vegetables for the urban residents by vegetable farming on terrace.
- The producer gets fresh vegetables at cheaper rates.
- Physical exercise and rejuvenate to the city dwellers.
- By growing greens, ambient temperatures will be maintained in surroundings.
- Home stead gardening modifies micro climate and thus reduces global warming.
- The joy of consuming our own home grown vegetables gives immense satisfaction and satiety.
- Good use of frequently unused and wasted space.
- Support Urban Vegetable demand
- Applicant should have minimum 50 sq. ft. to 200 sq. ft area of balconies/terrace.
- Applicant must be resident of Hyderabad & Secunderabad city
- Applicant should submit address proof of house & passport size photo.
- In case of tenants they may submit willingness / no objection certificate from the owner.
- In case of Apartment / complexes the application on behalf of the apartment / flat owners association duly approved in their general body only will be considered.
- There should be adequate water supply for watering the plants.
- One family should avail up to two urban farming kits.
- Under the scheme beneficiary will be provided seeds, seedlings, silpaulin covers, potting mixture, neem cake, neem oil, implements etc. with 50% subsidy to grow the vegetables in balconies/terrace.
- Technical guidance and advice will also be provided.
For More Info: Click Here