- PM’s Digital India campaign is trying to change India digitally with certain departments and ministries that have their own mobile app.
- The six must have government apps are:
- PM Modi has launched his own mobile app called ‘Narendra Modi’, the app is live now on Android Play Store and can be downloaded by Android users free of cost.
- The mobile app will keep users updated about news related to PM’s office, his messages to citizens and his talks on his radio show ‘Mann ki Baat’.
- The MEA mobile app, which provides information about ministry’s services and activities.
- Users can read press releases, Lok Sabha activities, tender notifications and even access passport services through the app.
- This app is an effort by the tourism ministry to update domestic and international travellers about registered service providers, recommended places, warnings of fraud and approved travel agents.
Govt of India Calendar:
- This app helps you see when the government offices will be closed.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan:
- The app lets users create a profile and take up challenges pertaining to cleanliness in particular areas.
- Citizens can submit their activity with before and after pictures of areas they undertook cleanliness drives for.
- MyGov is designed as a citizen engagement platform and citizens can log in and share their suggestions, feedbacks and ideas with central ministries and other government institutions.
- Users of this app can join discussions, take polls and form groups around topics of interest.