The Social Welfare Department of Tamil Nadu is accepting applications from qualified female candidates for the Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Assurance Scheme, which offers a monthly stipend of Rs 1000. Applying for financial aid at penkalvi.tn.gov.in is open to girls who attended public schools from Class 6 through Class 10 and who will be enrolled in higher education programmes in the academic year 2022–2023 (or who are already enrolled in undergraduate programmes).
The objective of the scheme-
According to the Department of Social Welfare and Women Empowerment, the scheme’s objectives are to “lower the financial burden on girl students who are pursuing higher education” and “improve the enrolment ratio of girls from Government schools to Higher Education Institutions.”
Eligibility for Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Assurance Scheme-
- The higher education assurance scheme is open to female students who attended government-run institutions from Class 6 through Class 10 in order to lessen the financial load on girls.
- Panchayat Union Primary and Middle Schools, Adi Dravidar Welfare Schools, Municipality Schools, Municipal Corporation Schools, Tribal Welfare Schools, Kallar Rehabilitation Schools, Disability Welfare Schools, Forest Department Schools, Social Welfare Schools, and Backward/Most Backward Welfare Schools are just a few of the government-run institutions that fall under this category.
- Certificate Courses
- Diploma Courses
- Bachelor’s degrees such as BA, BSc, BCom, BBA, BCA, etc.
- Professional courses such as BE, BTech, MBBS, BDS, BSc, BVSc, BFSc, BL, etc.
- Paramedical courses such as physiotherapy, pharmacy, nursing, and medical lab technology.
Not applicable for the scheme-
The Moovalur Ramamirtham Higher Education Assurance Scheme does not apply to students enrolled in distance learning programmes, postgraduate programmes, open university programmes, or students in their last year of an undergraduate degree.
Girls who finished grades 9 through 12 in government schools but attended private schools for grades 6 through 8 under the Right To Education Act are also eligible to apply.
Documents required to apply for the scheme-
- Aadhar Card
- ID proof showing gender
- Passport size photographs
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Previous year mark sheet
- Domicile certificate
- Enrollment receipt
How to apply for the scheme-
- Visit penkalvi.tn.gov.in to access the Moovalur Ramamirtham Scheme’s official webpage.
- Select Login.
- On the Register button, click.
- Enter the OTP and the cellphone number.
- In Step 1, enter your personal information and upload any scanned documents.
- Then click Next.
- Describe your education in Step 2.
- Then click Next.
For more information visit : https://penkalvi.tn.gov.in/