- A quick and transparent decision making process, backed by decentralized power structure and a system of performance audit would go a long way in ensuring that departments are able to achieve the development work that they set out to do.
- Union Minister, Nitin Gadkari was speaking at a ceremony in which the Road Transport and Highways Ministry acquired ISO 9001:2008 Certificate from Indian Register Quality Systems.
- It acquired the certification for monitoring, planning, development and maintenance of highways infrastructure and road transport throughout the country.
- The ISO certificate will be applicable to all the wings of the Ministry at the headquarters at New Delhi, including the offices of the Union Minister and the Minister of State, covering more than 700 employees.
- In order to get the ISO certificate, the Ministry developed its Quality Manual and Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with the requirements of ISO standards.
- After internal audit by the Ministry, the certificating body appointed by Quality Council of India conducted two stage audit and found the quality management system of the Ministry for performing its services in accordance with the ISO standards.
Source: Economic Times